Monday, October 27, 2008

A Fleet Op Of A Different Flavour

Lemming.

That was my first thought, as I took off with Kalazar and Azadeh, heading to meet up with Mynxee for a roam.

Lemming.

I warped to the gate Kalazar had announced, and all the habits of a solo pilot relatively fresh from high sec shone brightly as I jumped on contact. Without thought. Without immediate backup.

Bloody lemming.

I’m lucky. The areas we were flying through were mostly empty. I wasn’t jumping into a camp, thank the heavens. That let me accustom myself to Kalazar’s style of fleet op, as I bungled the next couple of gate jumps as well – once not waiting for Kalazar to announce, once being too distracted to jump with Azadeh and having to be asked if I was coming.

Kitten-ish bungling, though. Inexperience. Not lemming. I felt like a kitten, my paws too large for my body, making missteps that the adults smiled at, nodded, and politely corrected me on.

I love this group, they make it so easy for a pvp newb to learn from experience, without making them feel stupid in the process.

I will admit to having to shove my heart back into my chest where it belongs, though. Kalazar asked me if I wanted to be scout (probably because of my first lemming-like jump. Sorry Kal!), and my heart promptly clawed its way into my throat. It’s one thing to try something new, it’s another thing when someone you respect asks if you’d like to do a job you’ve never done before, nor seen someone else do before. Bless you, Kal, for letting me bow (relatively) gracefully out of the offer. I learned a lot from watching and listening to you scout, and after another roam or two with you, I’ll probably feel comfortable trying it out myself. In the meantime, I’m going to practice operating my scanner and making safes.

It amuses me that Kal asking me that caused me to have to force my heart out of my throat, but the fight we found, and my experience with a Huginn warping in on my later that night only made my adrenaline run high and confirmed that, boring as roams might be on occasion, the flashes of excitement and sheer adrenaline are so worth it. 

And, of course, the humor of sitting on a gate and ribbing Mynx about the NPCs loving her, as Serpentis gate-campers decided that, of the three of us waiting, Mynx and I looked the tastiest. Silly NPCs, you scratched my shields! You can die now. 

I am slightly saddened that there weren’t any Serpentis waiting that could web and scram Mynx, though, because then I could really have started ribbing her about it. (No Mynx, I doubt you’ll ever live that down. It still makes me giggle inside when I think about it, even though I did lose a ship that night.)

I showed several other moments of kitten-ish inexperience, the first nearly making me blush at my blunder, the second more of a “eep! I meant to change that so long ago!” moment. The first being having to ask Kal which gate to head to, hearing him reply, then having Mynx gently remind me that I should set destination to the system Kal had fleet broadcasted at the beginning. The second being when Mynx set a destination after Kal and Azadeh had left us for the evening, and my autopilot went “yay! High sec jumps!” and I went, “Wtf? Mynx? High sec?” To which she reminded me to beat my autopilot into submission by telling it to only go the low sec route. Oopsies.

There are so many things to keep track of in EVE! Every time I think I have a handle on what’s going on, I learn that there’s one more layer of complexity to master. Kalazar’s way of running fleets is completely opposite Mynx’s “balls first” method, and I can see the fun in both of them, really. It’s nice to at least know how to operate with the 0.0 style of fleet op with scout and all, in case I ever go there in a fleet. It’s all about versatility, and knowing how to adapt to different situations – low sec is different from nullsec, so of course the strategies would be different.

I’m looking forward to more roams with these gals and guys, and learning more about pirating. And, of course, being told to wipe the sarcasm off my chin by Mynx. 

o/ Mynx! I promise to be a good lil kitten from now on! 

Heheheh.

42 comments:

Mynxee said...

LOL, nice post...I laughed a the damn Serpentis reference...boy there's a lot in EVE I'm never gonna live down hahaha! I'm glad you're having fun...only gonna get better!

Mynxee said...

I know it's been awhile since you posted or even played much EVE due to school, but I'm hoping that changes. Here's some fodder for an easy next blog post: you've been tagged!

everamblings said...

Well written story! I'm glad I checked it out.

SylvesterCuyler said...

成人圖庫,口交技巧,成人18,自慰方法,Fleshlight,情色自拍貼圖,成人情色貼圖,少婦自拍,一夜情聊天,本土av,色情av,av圖片,色情聊天,成人情色網,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,080視訊聊天室icandy,情色少女貼圖,免費視 訊聊天網,av女優18,免費線上視訊fm358,avdvd免費AV女優,女優王國,做愛,無碼影片,情色交友

good live said...

路過--你好嗎..很棒的BLOG.........................................

ya said...

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others. ....................................................

pass said...

亞洲成人文成人dvd影城線上免費看成人卡通成人色情電影院色情卡通貼圖新中部聊天室新免費成人影片新性愛影片暗黑破壞神程式暗黑程式豦美鳳豦美鳳光碟圖片台灣論壇圖片區85論壇彰化人留言板彰化人聊天事彰化交友聊天室彰化聊天是熊熊貼圖區熊貓[情色貼圖熊貓av貼圖熊貓人貼圖熊貓人圖片熊貓人影片熊貓天堂圖片85論壇嘟嘟線上影片觀賞嘟嘟網線上免費a片豦美鳳性愛光碟嘟ㄉ成人網視訊聊天室 免費視訊 聊天免費視訊

謝詩涵 said...

When everything is coming your way, you are in the wrong lane.............................................

函佩政松 said...

Nice blog85cc,咆哮小老鼠,85街,免費影片,情趣爽翻天,愛戀情人用品,交友找啦咧,線上a片,女同志聊天室,sexy,色情網站,網愛聊天室,情色性愛貼圖,小穴,性愛姿勢,陰脣室,成人圖貼,性愛技巧,a片論壇,色情,85c,sexy網,人妻,脫衣,6k,18禁,手淫,性幻想,77p2p,情色,1007,85c,0401,後宮,色情,淫蕩,正妹,77p2p,ut室

MichellSommerville0202 said...

你的部落格很棒,我期待更新喔........................................

逸凡逸凡 said...

I love readding, and thanks for your artical...................................................

enriqr1017uehochstetle said...

成功是一把梯子,雙手插在口袋裡是爬不上去的。 ..................................................

黃k0822oryb_card said...

真正的愛心,是照顧好自己的這顆心。 ..................................................

致念 said...

沈舟側畔千帆過,病樹前頭萬木春......................................................

韋于倫成 said...

責人之心責己,恕己之心恕人。........................................

韋于倫成 said...

永遠支持你呀!!!謝謝格主 ........................................

桂竹桂竹 said...

精彩的部落格 值得一推再推 支持你 ........................................

D415_evonN_Risinger0 said...

沒有經過反省的人生,是不值得活的人生..................................................

家vRegg明 said...

you two make a lovely couple............................................................

SadeRa盈君iford0412 said...

Many a true word is spoken in jest...................................................

明英 said...

人有兩眼一舌,是為了觀察倍於說話的緣故。..................................................................

皇銘 said...

You are flattering me..................................................

林志宏 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。.................................................................

江婷 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。......................................................................

于庭 said...

所有的資產,在不被諒解時,都成了負債............................................................

陳湖 said...

如果成為一支火柴,也要點亮一個短暫的宇宙;如果是一隻烏鴉,也要叫疼閉塞的耳膜。.................................................................

健豪健豪 said...

很喜歡你的blog哦...加油唷 ..................................................................

峻帆峻帆峻帆 said...

唯有用熱情、用智慧去觀察事物,這事物才會把他的秘密,洩漏給我們............................................................

陳博鈞陳博鈞 said...

一棵樹除非在春天開了花,否則難望在秋天結果。

吳婷婷 said...

友誼能增進快樂,減少痛苦............................................................

江桂宸江桂宸 said...

跟您打聲招呼,願我們大家都更好!!............................................................

林彥以林彥以 said...

Rome was not built in a day............................................................

坤郁 said...

People throw stones only at trees with fruit on them.............................................................

曹初帆張武茜 said...

It is easier to get than to keep it.......................................................................

陳秀顏清鴻湖 said...

Constant dripping wears away the stone. 滴水穿石!加油!............................................................

家唐銘 said...

幸福不是一切,人還有責任。............................................................

國彭男國彭男 said...

在你一無所有的時候 是誰在陪伴你 他便是你最重要的人......................................................................

偉曹琬 said...

多謝美味的心靈雞湯......................................................

靜蔡蔡蔡蔡怡 said...

生命如夏花洵爛;死如秋葉之靜美。........................................ ........................

麗王王珠 said...

More haste, less speed..................................................................

江仁趙雲虹昆 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。............................................................

詹莉 said...

你不能左右天氣,但你可以改變心情.................................................................